Conditions of hire
One Community Transport is a project of One Community. Its fleet of vehicles are available to hire to non-profit making groups and organisations affiliated to One Community. Application forms for membership are available from Reception at One Community’s main office (see below)
- Groups of Organisations wishing to hire One Community Transport minibuses must be affiliated to or be a partner of One Community.
- Only drivers who have been MiDAS assessed and registered with One Community Transport may drive the minibuses. Failure to comply with this ruling will invalidate the insurance policy. Drivers can register with One Community by providing their driving licence (both parts), MiDAS certificate and have familiarisation with our minibuses before the day of travel.
- Provisional bookings or enquiries made by telephone or email cannot be considered as a firm booking until a completed booking form is recieved by the Transport office at One Community within 48 hours.
- A list of passenger names and addresses must be supplied to the Transport Office at least three working days before the date of travel (this is to satisfy insurance requirements). Failure to provide details within the allotted time may result in the cancellation of the booking. This is subject to the Data Protection Act.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that individual passenger risk assessments are carried out.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that risk assessments for individual passengers seated in wheelchairs are carried out. This should include consideration of the following: make and model, whether the wheelchair has been crash tested, whether the wheelchair has been modified and finally, the weight of the wheelchair.
- One Community Transport will NOT guarantee a volunteer driver although every effort will be made to supply a driver for your journey. If you are supplying your own driver the hirer is responsible for collecting and returning minibus keys from the Vehicle Compound Office
- One Community Transport will endeavour to fulfil the booking but no responsibility can be accepted by One Community, its agents, servants or employees, should the minibus not be available through circumstances beyond our control.
- Cancellations must be made giving more than 24 hours notice. Failure to adhere to this directive will result in a Â£15.00 cancellation fee. The hirer is responsible for any charges related to parking the vehicle, including fines or penalties received due to parking violations.
- All details will placed on our computer under the Data Protection Act. You have the right to access these records at any time should you wish to do so. If you do not want personal details revealed, please indicate so on this form.
- You will be invoiced at the end of each month for the journeys undertaken by your group. Payment must be made within 30 days.
- Vehicles must be left in a clean and tidy condition, with at least half a tank of fuel, ready for the next user. Hirer may be subjected to an additional cleaning charge if the vehicle is left untidy.
- A NO SMOKING policy applies to all vehicles
- Passengers must wear a seatbelt in the minibus at all times unless they are exempt. Exemption should be confirmed by a doctor’s certificate, which the transport office must have a copy of prior to the date of travel.
- Should the vehicle be involved in an accident or sustain damage, it is the hirers responsibility to inform the Transport Office as soon as practically possible.
One Community Transport is a project of One Community, 16 Romsey Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 9AL
Fax: 02380 902413
Registered Charity 1052978 Registered Company Limited by Guarantee No 3132524