One Community Training Programme 2018
Friday 16 November 2018, 9.30am – 12.30pm
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and healthcare professionals with a responsibility to provide care or support to people who suffer from dysphagia. It will give the care worker the knowledge and understanding to recognise the different signs, symptoms and complications of dysphagia and the skills required to deal with a choking emergency and to provide ongoing after care.
On successful completion of the course learners will be qualified to:
- operate within the legal boundaries with regard to caring for people who have dysphagia
- recognise the signs, symptoms and complications of dysphagia
- recognise the causes of dysphagia
- practise treatments and follow care planning
- deal with a choking incident
- understand how to comply with company policy and procedure.
Cost: Voluntary Sector £55, Others £65
Download the booking form: booking form – 16.11.18
Introduction to Trading for Charities
Thursday 13 December 2018, 9.30am – 12.30pm
Achieve both financial and social return.
- Legal structures
- Pros and cons of trading
- What is ‘trading’?
- Some myths about trading
- Why you should consider trading
- Charity Commission guidance on trading
- How to start
- Some examples
- Where to get help
Cost: free (donations for refreshments welcome)
Download the booking form: booking form – Intro to Trading for Charities