When the festive season is over and your real Christmas tree has lost its sparkle, please recycle your tree.
Eastleigh Borough residents can recycle their Christmas trees from Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Recycling collection points for real Christmas trees have been set up around the borough where they can be dropped off between 2-15 January.
• Brambridge Garden Centre, Brambridge
• Lakeside Country Park, Eastleigh
• Haskins Garden Centre, West End
• Fair Oak Garden Centre, Fair Oak
• Woodhouse Lane Car Park, Hedge End
• Mortimer Road Car Park, Botley
• Hound Parish Hall, Woolston, Road, Netley
Recycling is possible at:
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre – Shamblehurst Lane, Hedge End
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre – Knowle Lane, Fair Oak
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre – Woodside Avenue, Eastleigh
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre – Grange Road, Netley
If you have a tree that is under four-feet tall and are in the Eastleigh Borough Council garden waste scheme, your tree can picked up from your home address on the scheduled collection day. You just need to put it next to the garden waste bin for collection.
Fareham Council District.
Christmas trees can be taken to the household waste recycling centres. One tree can be put out for collection with your garden waste on your first collection when the garden waste service resumes after the Christmas period. There is no need to chop the tree up, just leave it beside your garden waste sack. The maximum trunk diameter is 11cm.
Recycling Christmas Tree’s is a popular scheme and recycling them makes a really positive impact on our environment.