Our Role, Mission & Vision
Our Role is:
• to work closely with local groups and partners for the good of the area and its communities;
• to support and empower individuals and communities to achieve their aims and objectives;
• to be a strong voice of, and advocate for, the voluntary and community sectors, especially in the articulation of need;
• to provide high quality services and pursue excellence in all we do.
Our Vision is
Flourishing communities where everyone feels confident and empowered, working together to create a high quality of life for others and themselves.
Our Mission is
To work locally to enhance the quality of life for all in the community by:
• providing community support
• promoting social inclusion
• promoting voluntary activity
• encouraging partnership working
• advocating for change
Our Values are:
• Integrity – Doing the right thing in line with our role, vision, mission and values.
• Openness & Inclusiveness – Treating everyone with respect, communicating as honestly and openly as possible, and seeking diverse perspectives and opinions.
• Independence – Listening to the views, opinions, wishes and aspirations of others, but always acting in the best interests of those we serve.
• Excellence – Being a high achieving organisation committed to being as effective as we can be.