To celebrate our 40th anniversary this year, we are holding an event for each month of the year. The first was the Eastleigh Community Showcase on 28 January, at The Point, showcasing the work of 50 voluntary and community events from across the borough.
One Community has followed this up in February by launching 40 challenges, to celebrate the anniversary and to help keep the charity going for many more years, providing support to the local voluntary and community sector, promoting volunteering, and providing services that enable people to enjoy independence and the best possible quality of life. These include the One Community Visiting Scheme, Dial-A-Ride, Community Transport, Shopmobility, Lifeline, Care & Respite, Mops & Shops, Day Centres and Young Carers.
If you would like to accept a challenge, as an individual, a business or group, please register with One Community on 023 8090 2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publicity will attend all challenges, corporate or personal, unless you expressly request anonymity, and the completion of your challenge will be certified (you will receive a certificate!).
The Eastleigh Rotary Club has already met one of the challenges (no 27) by sponsoring One Community’s Young Carers Choir, to the tune of £2,000! This doesn’t mean that other people can’t sign up for the same challenge.
- Sponsor an Adult Carers Tea Party—£40
- Put up 10 posters advertising One Community
- Help us put up/take down our gazebo at an event
- Have a One Community charity pot in your office
- Sign up to volunteer through Volunteer Centre One Community
- Provide entertainment at a One Community Day Centre
- Donate 40 gallons of diesel to One Community Transport
- Open your garden and donate the admission proceeds to One Community
- Leave One Community a legacy of £400 or more
- Throw a tea party for our Visiting Scheme volunteers
- Give us your used stamps
- Give us your foreign coins/notes
- Fundraise for an outing to the seaside for our Day Centre clients
- Follow us on Facebook and share our posts
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet our tweets
- Donate a raffle prize
- Set up a direct debit of £40 a year or £4 a month
- Hold a coffee morning/tea party in your office or street to raise £40 for One Community
- Volunteer in our Fareham Information Centre
- Organise a dress down fundraiser for our Visiting Scheme
- Donate 40 second hand books/CDs/DVDs for us to sell at Eastleigh Museum
- Donate 40 second hand books/CDs/DVDs for us to sell in our Fareham Information Centre
- Collect 40 tombola prizes for One Community
- Donate a new wheelchair to Shopmobility
- Donate a new computer to One Community
- Donate a new printer to One Community
- Sponsor a Young Carers Trip or Activity—£400
- Fund £40 worth of Day Centre equipment
- Sponsor a Visiting Scheme training session
- Sponsor our AGM—£200
- Get your employer to sign our Carers pledge
- Become a One Community volunteer visitor
- Sponsor the printing of a limited run of our memory book
- Take part in a car boot sale and donate your takings to our Home Support Services
- Buy our “Our Stories” DVD—£5 (£6.50 with p&p)
- Put an article about One Community in your work staff newsletter—we’ll write it for you!
- Make 40 cups of tea/coffee at home/work and charge £1 a cup towards our volunteer support
- Organise a sponsored weight loss (combined loss of 40lb) for our Home Care Services
- Create an exhibition for our Eastleigh Museum gallery
- Donate £40,000 for a new minibus
Download the 40 Challenges Poster here: 40-Challenges-for-40-Years.pdf